(#3/of4)Speech for October 13, 2009 10:00 am City Hall...

Posted by GroveCanada GroveCanada
   http://n2.nabble.com/Speech-for-October-13-2009-10-00-am-City-Hall-td3716189ef2960479.html CLICK FOR FULL PAGE VIEW

preamble: Context for artists- the tenant in question who is being kicked out of her home falls under the category of gardening arts, landscape architecture arts, Greening initiatives arts, Japanese Feng Shui flow arts (space, gaps, movement, kinetics of growth of trees, plants , flora & fauna)art, endangered species art, contracting interior design arts. As such these articles have appropriate context to my arts practice & are of concern to others in the arts professions planet wide...Thank you for listening...S.G.

Last but not least,

Ask Moriyama & Teshima to consult on the proposed development...It's the least you can do after insulting them by not granting heritage designation...

Those are the last two Victorian houses, on the oldest street in the country, one hundred years old each & your heritage preservation services dismissed them to build a bullsh-t slab condo high rise to exploit the city & profit from the extra property taxes...The nerve of you all.

At the very least, ask that the developers consult with Moriyama & Teshima on the new property, & the current property.

Do you know how Moriyama & Teshima deal with existing trees on sites??? Do you know...I will tell you, for free, by the way.

They build their projects AROUND existing trees, instead of killing them. & THAT IS HOW GREEN INITIATIVES ARE DONE.

Jes-s! are you all d-mb over there?

It's Moriyama & Teshima's">Teshima's property, they are architects, THEY should be the architects for the new development, not Wallman, I mean, Wall-who???

Rudy Wallman, what? Like he's going to know more about the Moriyama & Teshima land than Moriyama & Teshima?

I feel like I am taking crazy pills.here.

Get Moriyama Teshima to consult at least on the proposed development...Your final report won't go through.It's terrible, the project is terrible, the community benefits are not enough, & there is money missing, the planning is bad, you ignored the tenant, you insulted the most important architect in the country by not nominating heritage & your heritage people didn't even ENTER the buildings...

What is this kindergarden for planners?

tearing down a daycare? an urban forest? heritage homes? a celebrity studio? with history?

Liebeskind, Safdie, Gehry- Erickson died, sorry, but Raymond Moriyama is the best dam- architect in the country right now, & you didn't even ask him to work on this project???

He's Japanese-Canadian, don't you think he feels hurt?

Like have you no souls???

Ask the Moriyama & teshima people to step in on this job, make it a requirement. & burn those bloody plans. seriously. The last thing this city needs is another cra-py high rise condo with no imagination & no soul & no respect for wabi-sabi">wabi-sabi aesthetics...

wabi sabi: impermanence, transience, rust...aesthetics of temporality, look it up. it's in wikipedia. (Tell Rudy Wallman he works with Moriyama Teshima or it's a no.)

THANK YOU!

Sari Grove

p.s. my husband Joseph Grove will be speaking Tuesday morning in my spot...He's allowed, we are one flesh, the Bible says, I'd better not get any flack about switching up with him...Let's see if the lawyers can beat up a man like they beat up the tenant at The Ontario Municipal Board meeting...I'm watching, & I have eyes everywhere. Those lawyers beat up the tenant, & her paralegal who is half deaf too...Great example of their treatment of disabled people , just great. (Christopher Hume & Christie Blatchford will think this is all great...I am keeping them posted...)

http://www.gbca.org.au/media-centre/media-releases/green-building-industry-welcomes-safe-climate-bill/2547.htm?source=rss Green Building Laws In Australia Brand New & Shiny!

Thanks for your online message.

I often say that Ontario works best when we work together, so hearing from you is important to me.

Every letter and message I receive is read and reviewed carefully. If your message requires an answer, we'll do our best to get back to you as quickly as we can.

Given the volume of online messages and letters I receive, and the fact that I may need to share your message with one of my cabinet ministers or the appropriate government officials for more information, a response may take several business days.

Thanks again for taking the time to write me.

Premier Dalton McGuinty
Government of Ontario
Whitney Block, Room 4620
99 Wellesley St. W.
Toronto, ON M7A 1A1
Fax: (416) 325-3745
Telephone: (416) 325-3777

Dear (the tenant),

 I will take your name out of everything...immediately.

The reason I had to say low low income is because the residential tenancies act & section 37 of the planning act ONLY protects LOW income rental tenants...

Everyone thinks you are rich...Gee Chung who fights like a bulldog assumed you were wealthy, because you rent a whole house...I did not tell her anything about what you pay, because you are very private, but I tried to set our little bulldog straight so she could fight For you too...
  The law is very specific about Only protecting Low income rental tenants, low income rental properties, rebuilding them or preserving or relocating the tenants...Subsidized housing people etcetera are High priorities to the law...I know this is difficult...But it is very very important that the people in charge of making decisions know how much you have been paying for 30 years- they don't know & think you are rich...That is why they are all so mean.

   I agree with you about renovation costs to be reimbursed.But the law is stronger on the low income thing so I was trying to play my cards right...

here is another letter I sent a minute ago...

Community benefits...re: meeting at City hall October 13, 2009, 2nd floor, room 1...final report amended version given late Friday, 32 Davenport, 12-22 McMurrich st.

From:
    "Grove Canada" <grovecanada@fastmail.fm>
To:
    grovecanada@fastmail.fm
Bcc:
    "Rosalind Dyers" <rdyers@toronto.ca>, "Oren Tamir" <otamir@toronto.ca>, "Kyle Rae" <councillor_rae@toronto.ca>, "Christie Blatchford" <cblatchford@globeandmail.com>, "Christopher Hume" <chume@thestar.ca>, "David Miller" <mayor_miller@toronto.ca>, "Stephen Harper" <pm@pm.gc.ca>
Date:
    Sun, 11 Oct 2009 6:38 PM (5 mins 57 secs ago)
    View as text - Show original
    Show full header

Hello,

I would like the tenant at 22 McMurrich street, first name (The tenant), to be hired as administrator of greening initiatives in this city...

As (the tenant) is a professional gardener & also has excellent references for her contracting work, she is fully qualified to green Toronto...

(The tenant) also grew up near Maple Leaf Gardens, in Irishtown, & has lived for over 30 years at 22 McMurrich, as well as learning about Japanese

landscape architecture & Feng Shui Flow in Japan...

Since 580,000.00 is missing from the community benefits offered by developers under Section 37, since relocation of the low income rental tenant

was missing from the final report, since no mention of restitution to 15 McMurrich for damages incurred during said proposed construction &

disruption of our building through, noise vibration, truck traffic, displacement of natural wildlife like squirrels & raccoons, & psychological

trauma due to demolishing our favorite friends' studio, daycare & 100 year old homes who all have spirit unto themselves, since that money has not

been offered at all, then I think we, at 15 McMurrich have some bargaining power in this game, not to mention the fact that since the new owners

took over ownership of the property, several interesting events have occurred, such as not allowing their tenants "reasonable enjoyment" of their

continued tenancy...Since the City Planners, the City Councillor & the Mayor David Miller are responsible for controlling illegal behaviours where

it concerns city issues, & have been lax in that area, we do not trust that the monies stated in the final report will be disbursed without

embezzlement...Seeing as 20% was offered as Community benefit instead of 30% which is in Section 37 of the Planning Act...

So, the Community would like a community representative appointed to oversee the disbursement of the community benefits in this final report for

Parks & all greening initiatives & library, & when that job is done, to have that person continue in that manner on other initiatives in the city,

perhaps province or country...A $70,000.00 fee will be given to that appointee in order to administer the greening initiatives & all other community

benefits in this final report...(The tenant), at 22 McMurrich street is our nominee for this position...

This will also take care of (The tenant)'s relocation expenses & ensure that the developer's monies are not embezzled by greedy underlings acting as

middlemen...

Please address this on Tuesday October 13, 2009...Due to the fact that Community benefits are over one million dollars, a community member in good

standing of needs must be appointed to oversee developers & politicians are not in cahoots with each other...A WATCHDOG of sorts...

I am seeing patterns reminiscent of eight men out, the baseball players throwing their own game- it was my grandfather & great uncle who

photographed those dirty players in 1919-20...I promise I will do the same for any crooked politician or developer that I find...

Good Day you all.

Mrs. Sari Grove

p.s. I expect (The tenant) to be offered this job directly...Not through me. I expect an advance on her salary to be given before she starts. Before she has to move. I expect you understand that I have gone to the police already & reported embezzlement issues concerning $580,000.00 missing from your Final report with Mayor David Miller's name at the end of it...

http://www.kt.kz/index.php?lang=eng&uin=1133435583&chapter=1153441869 Most polluted cities in the world, and why...Calgary is cleanest, Alberta, Canada

http://greengardeners.ca/ <http://www.batashoemuseum.ca/> Bata Shoe Museum educator Sheila Knox's mother met me while running in the dog park Sunday Thanksgiving...Someone asked me where Our Lady of perpetual Help was...(sarcasm aside)(me?), & Bloor street at Mt. Pleasant was another question...I met bessie the pug who runs free...Ran for two hours slower than the turtle...Met the Indian owner who is moving his Saree business up to maybe Yonge Lawrence...(His building was bought by a hairdresser-just what we need in Bloor Yorkville, another hair salon...sigh)Apparently either Sunday or Monday is Thanksgiving, not sure,. & Wilson the little whitish dog wins for best runner today...Anyone hear the joke about the guy who loses his p-nis & the doctor tells the wife it costs 2 grand an inch to put a new one on? She says she'd rather have granite countertops...for her here is a picture...DSC00103.JPG

http://www.kodakgallery.ca/ViewSlideshow.action?&collidparam=64662210515.469369462115.1255277191387

http://greengardeners.ca/The Home Renovation Tax Credit for Landscaping Projects

ontario native flowerWhen you file your taxes next season (2009) you can claim 15% on a landscaping project whose expenditures exceed $1,000 but is no more than $10,000. This would allow for a maximum tax credit of $1,350.

Projects which include the following are eligible:

New sod, Trees, Shrubs, Perennials, Interlocking driveways, Decks, Retaining walls, Pathways, Irrigation and lighting systems, Ponds and waterfalls, Garden sheds, Professional landscape design services and Professional landscape contractor services

Check out these links for further information:

Canada Revenue Agency Website

Landscape Ontario

SLIDESHOW KODAK OF PROPERTIES IN QUESTION, THESE ARE WHAT SHOULD BE PRESERVED AND RESTORED FOR POSTERITY, VENERATION , EDUCATION, DECORATION...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/grovecanada/sets/72157621580014519/ Here is the slideshow of what happened, the Saturday night, after we spoke to Christine at M&Teshima who said "things could get ugly if the tenant (The tenant) doesn't move out"...This threat was uttered in person to the author of this article, two days later in person to the author's husband, & once to the tenant in question...That Saturday night, after the threat was uttered, we found a cat on our regular jogging path...We also found evidence of a trail from the people who arranged this cat to be there, a can of Bavarian Beer on the road towards the cat (significant because the business manager is Austrian-German, as is her son the janitor, who is also part Algerian (hence the smell of burnt hashish we found on the cat, presumably from the vehicle of the perpetrator, which may tie in to the fact that the perpetrator was also a drug dealer(hashish is an Algerian favorite, & to have smell coming off the grill of a car, quantity must be sufficient & ubiquitous-translation drug dealer not just casual user)...A sign placed by a window washer marking the spot where the cat should be placed on our path. More at police report.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/grovecanada/sets/72157621562170622/ Here is a slideshow of what people want to tear down...(I mean, why?)

The Numbers in the Final report for Oct. 13, 2009 meeting Tuesday morning.

From:
    "Grove Canada" <grovecanada@fastmail.fm>
To:
    grove@sent.com
Bcc:
    "Oren Tamir" <otamir@toronto.ca>, "Rosalind Dyers" <rdyers@toronto.ca>, "Kyle Rae" <councillor_rae@toronto.ca>, "David Miller" <mayor_miller@toronto.ca>
Date:
    Sat, 10 Oct 2009 10:48 PM (< 1 min ago)
    View as text - Show original
    Show full header

Dear people who are meeting on Tuesday October 13, 2009, here are the real numbers...

Numbers: They are offering $1,131,110.00 in community.benefits.
This represents 30 % of total increase in land value.
Working Backwards, 1131110 divided by 3 =377,036.66 dollars which is 10% of what they offered in final report.
Multiply that by 10 to get the 100% value, which is $ 3, 770,366.66 dollars total increase in land value.
Which means, given the assumption that one unit of zoning density equals one million dollars of value 1.0=1 Million.
Then, increasing zoning density by 3.77 factor (3.77 million dollars is final increase number, which represents a zoning density increase of 3.77) so, if..
If zone density stands now at 2.0, then increase by a factor of 3.77, will get you a zone density of 7.54

So a zone density of 7.54 is what they are looking for at the bargaining table...Which translates to how many storeys?

Well, take 7.54 zone density desired, multiply by 3= 22.62 storeys, now subtract by 5.6 (which is the formula they used for the 11.2 density equals 28 storeys so I am just copying, by multiplying 11.2 by 3 then subtracting 5.6 you get 28 storeys...

So, in conclusion, they are looking for 22.62 storeys minus 5.6 (their formula) which then equals 17.02

Here's my answer to that...17 storeys with a density of 7.54 in return for the community benefits on the final report is still a no...

  Community wants: Tenant Dora relocated properly, or cash in lieu given. A Big enough chunk for the rest of her life...(since they are taking her home)...

  Budd Sugarman park is a joke...Community wants new parkland built instead of cash in lieu of parkland.

Monies to GYRA for greening is nice but not specific enough, hire Dora the gardener to oversee that spending of money, with income to her as stipend for overseeing greening of Yorkville.

 Tall building shadowing is ridiculous: there will be no sun anywhere on street with this tall building. Fails good planning tests.

Separation between Florian & porposed development is insufficient & dangerous, regardless of bylaw being silent on this gap minimum, 11 metres to 25 metres is not enough for safety & hammering avoidance...Redraw...with proper separation, architecture is not about flouting the law it is about good architecture, Wallman Architects you should be ashamed!!!

 Community would like a complete re-proposal with something original & nice...This bloody building is a slab photocopy of your other plans in the city, this is the best darn property in the country, you think Rudy Wallman could draw something original for this space instead of sending us photocopies of boring old designs...There is NOTHING here to get excited about...

The proposed development represents Nothing innovative from an architectural perspective at all...I recommend to keep the beautiful buildings that are there standing, instead of ruining the street with this crackerjack formulaic piece of cr-p...(excuse my french I lived in Montreal for 3 years.)

I suggest developers beg Moriyama & Teshima to take on the project & fire Wallman for being unoriginal.

Let's do something great if you must do something...C'mon people.

This is real. You can't just churn out potato chips here & think nobody will notice...I mean really.

Sari Grove

So, My conclusion is their offer is asking for a zone density of 7.54, which represents 17.0 storeys...

& that would equal the amount of community benefits they offered in the final report (30% of increase of land value in exchange for zone density increases...)

So they are looking for a 17 storey building, of density 7.54

[...]

Spell checked copy of first email, with attachment again for those who lost first copy...(all this online too on my website grovecanada.biz)

From:
    "Grove Canada" <grovecanada@fastmail.fm>
To:
    grove@sent.com
Bcc:
    "Rosalind Dyers" <rdyers@toronto.ca>, "Kyle Rae" <councillor_rae@toronto.ca>, "David Miller" <mayor_miller@toronto.ca>
Date:
    Sat, 10 Oct 2009 1:02 PM (< 1 min ago)
    View as text - Show original
    Show full header

attached PDF response to Final report delivered late on October 9, 2009 (which says this pdf response should be accepted because that is not enough time to respond, Oct.9?)

From:
"Grove Canada" <grovecanada@fastmail.fm>
To:
grove@sent.com
Bcc:
"Rosalind Dyers" <rdyers@toronto.ca>, "Kyle Rae" <councillor_rae@toronto.ca>, "David Miller" <mayor_miller@toronto.ca>
Date:
Sat, 10 Oct 2009 12:56 PM (< 1 min ago)
Show full header

Written Response to final report: re: 32 davenport, 12-22 mcMurrich.
Attached PDF (also I notice no mention in proposal that buildings to be
torn down are 1)heritage of interest 2)a childcare facility that was
occupied until sale of property 2)2 hundred year old Victorian brick
homes with 4 LOW INCOME RENTAL UNITS including a real life tenant of 30
years-plus the fact that the residential tenant protection law recently
written has an Exemption for low income rental units under 6...Whoever
wrote this arbitrary number of six should be corrected...This property
has 4 low income rental units...4, not 6...Should that make it exempt
from protection under new residential tenancies act? NO. I am asking for
a residential tenancies act bylaw amendment to include 4 low income
rental units instead of 6...
Considering all of the leeway you have amended to developers on this
property, I think it is not too much to ask...

Then the 4 low income rental units will be protected under the
residential tenancies act...& Owners must act accordingly...

In exchange for this allowance of 4 instead of 6, I will give a
community benefit...How about a nice oil painting? (24x36inch oils on
linen original by me...)

see attached pdf response to final report.

Considering Final report was delivered late on October 9, this response
should be accepted, even though it is after October 9, it is impossible
to respond in writing correctly on October 9 to something delivered late
on October 9...

& 5 minutes is not enough to say a response on October 13...

So this process is already not fair.

Sari Grove

p.s. I have no time to edit, how could you expect one person to edit a
response so quickly? Unbelievable how things are pushed forward with no
real attempt at democracy.

Shocking actually, no to mention, who exactly can get to a meeting at
9"30 am on a workday Tuesday after Thanksgiving??? Except for lawyers.

Attachments
Attachments
Documents

    * XNabble - GroveCanada - Speech for October 13, 2009 10_00 am City Hall....pdf(1.9M) View Download

Select all – Deselect all

Building material should be brick not concrete blocks, in keeping with character of the street, & previous brick buildings...Concrete blocks are used because they are cheaper, but less longevity & drilling to fix them could kill you with the noise, concrete dust, & did I say noise? (drilling concrete balconies next door to fix cracks is what is happening my Thanskgiving weekend...& for those poor shlobs who have to work...Atco construction...)(like does anyone FEEL for construction workers with all of the ridiuculous demans high rise concrete buildings demand? Anyone?)

  Response to final report: In the vicinity are: proposed development- 11.2 density McMurrich st.(28 storeys)
13.0 density at 8 Scollard (LOtus)
11.4 density at 40 Scollard (residential)
7.0 density at 76 Davenport (22 storeys)
815 Church (37 storeys)(God only knows the density of 37 storeys.)(12 ???)
  If you are asking for 11.2 zoning, by saying you have already given 13.0, 11.4, 7.0, & 12, then, it might stand to reason that the city has already given out too many zone density intensifications in the nearby Bloor Yorkville area, & that this proposal for density increase should be refused based on the fact that they are late to the party...Adding them up, You have 43.4 density in the area of proposed development, surely there is a cap on density at this point in time??? previous density was what a grand total of 8 ? & now you are asking to increase the total in one small area from 43.4 total to (add 11.2) 54.6 density total??? Are you absolutely nuts? This is a protected area, & you are asking the neighbourhood to bear a total of a 7 times 8 to equal 56 total density increase across the board? meaning you are intensifying the whole of Bloor Yorkville by a factor of 7 times? That is 7 times total more dense than it was before amendments were given...Again, are you crazy?
  Why would you continue to ask & approve zoning density amendments when already this protected area has been intensified beyond capacity? Like, has anyone heard of Mississauga?

Also, given a spatial seperation of between 11 to 25 metres between proposed development and The Florian right beside it, & given current separation for walls within the same building be 11 metres, it only stands to reason that separation between two buildings on different lots should be MORE than the 11 metres designed for walls on the same lot...Thus making the proposal abhorrent based on the lack of separation between the Florian on Davenport & the proposed development on McMurrich...

http://www.bwint.org/default.asp?index=323 Dangers of Construction Sites...

1)Concrete cracks...Takes about 30 years to get bad enough that you have to fix it.Brick lasts longer, & is much less painful to fix.Concrete requires loud, horrible, painful, dust filled drilling-the noise alone will kill you...If you think that buying into a concrete condo building is a good investment, go buya drill & drill into some concrete ...Record the noise, & the dust on videotape...Everytime you think of buying into a concrete conco development, play the tape.really.a)why do people use concrete over brick? Because it is cheaper. Not better. Not lasts longer, cheaper.You should ask for brick in your condo building materials, it's worth it in the long run...

2)So they are tearing down 16 trees, not putting back the 48 they are supposed, instead paying a fee, & something about 12 trees somewhere down McMurrich? Wow! That's really green.They are supposed to put in parkland, but don't have space. Instead they are going to put money into a postage stamp piece of lawn called Budd Sugarman park that noone uses because it is right beside a busy Rosdale subway station...Green?

3)11 metres between two buildings on different properties???Because there is no specific bylaw, they are going with the bylaw for walls within the same building??? 11 metres at its thinnest? Gee, hasn't anyone in planning or architecture heard about hammering? Buldings vibrate at different frequencies, putting them close together causes structural cracks in both, especially concrete buildings...This just bad planning.

4)Examples given of other high density buildings that have gone up nearby...Apparently there is no limit to how many zoning density amendments you can make in a small zone. You would think that if everyone orders the chicken , someone might be kind enough to take the fish....What is the maximum zoning density for this Ward 27??? Does anyone know? Or we jus fooling around here with our lives? Ridiculous.

5)

Cell connections...

Christine Ouyed, the business manager (new hire 2-1/2 years ago) had foreknowledge of the outcome of the proposed development...Her son, Sammy Ouyed, the janitor there, was kicked out of high school from dealing drugs, never got a diploma, & I believe does some of the "dirty" work, read Not janitorial, for the cell group in town...The father is Algerian, studied in Paris, has a law degree, can't practice in Ontario...The son, Sammy, has a Berber tattoo on his forearm right inside, & is a skinhead.
 The foreknowledge was this: Christine Ouyed told me that Dora at 22 McMurrich st, that her house would be torn down this November 2009. & that the Moriyama Teshima building would be torn down in June of next year 2010...How could she possibly know this for certainty before all of the meetings, public objections & redesigns were heard?
 Because she is part of the cell group working with Oren Tamir the City Planner, has insider information, & all of these meetings are just for show & the schedule is already set...

Foreknowledge...Ina democracy, one doesn't have foreknowledge of an outcome of an election , for instance, before the elction happens, unless you are rigging it yourselves...

Christine Ouyed, working at Moriyama Teshima(sorry, insider terrorists infiltrating companies make this difficult-use discernement, she is evil, the others not...) her son Sammy Ouyed does hit jobs (like killing the cat & placing it on our jogging path where we would see it which I reported here a while ago- which happened days after I met with Christine for the first time...)

Also, the same week I met with this Christine Ouyed, (she talked for 5-1/2 hours), our concierge Mike Pace was rear-ended by a Portugese resaurant owner ina pick-up truck who claims he didn't realise everyone was stopped at a red light...Our young concierge, whose wife was driving, was in the passenger side, got severe whiplash & just returned to work after 3 months injury leave...This rear-ending was totally on purpose & happened two days after I walked over to deliver a letter to Moriyama teshima, & she made me stay to talk for so long, pretending to be friendly...

 This lady is part of the cell group with the City Planner Oren Tamir, & her son & her husband...for sure...

Also, a lady in our building died named pat Fleisher, of some weird complication at princess margaret Hospital- she wasn't supposed to die of what they were doing...Another man, Earl, here, fell on his head, while contractors were making a huge amount of drilling noise, here, supposedly to renovate a kitchen...Before that, they drilled into our parking lot, making huge huge noise for months on end, which tortured everyone here, & many people sold & or moved out...This is all terrorist pattern behaviour...I guess you know what I am talking about...
Bye for now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wabi-sabi Wabi Sabi, Impermanence & Rust, Japanese principles which explain why Moriyama & Teshima did not go out of their way to "fix up" the 100 year old Victorian homes, the daycare schoolhouse, the studio-because impermanence & transience are very japanese aesthetics- allowing things to drift away naturally is part of their ethic...This is why a shiny new coat of paint, a reno job, a new kitchen is not always a good idea...Not to mention, the noise & dust & dismay constrcution causes...Wabi Sabi, impermanence, transience rust, is why one SHOULD NOT BUILD ON THE MORIYAMA TESHIMA SITE...WABI SABI. leave it be. wabi sabi. allow for impermanence, allow for rust, allow for transience. read the wikipedia listing above. wabi sabi...

Tipster Entered: 10/10/2009 2:34:00 AM

The original tip ____________ was successfully submitted on 10/10/2009 2:34:00 AM.

Add follow-up information to the left anytime.  If this is an urgent matter call 911 or 416-222-8477.

The agency will respond as soon as possible -- normally within 72 hours -- if more information is needed.  Their questions and feedback will appear below.  Any new information that you provide will also appear in this chat area.

Tipster Entered: 10/10/2009 5:18:00 AM

here are the Numbers: 2.0 to 11.2 is zone density request by developers.

 5.6 million is the increased land value after those amendments in density.

11.2 divided by 2.0 is 5.6, which is the factor of increase of density.

5.6 increase represents 5.6 million in increased revenue.

30 percent of that land increase value is due to the city as "Community Benefits-C.B.".

that number is $1,680,000.00 ...(total due to city as C.B.)

Final report offers only a total of $1,131,110.00 in C.B.s

This represents a difference of missing money of $548,890.00

Which, if you look at the numbers, starting from 5.6 million, you will see that is about 10 percent skim.

The number they are offering is around $1,120,000.00 which is 20 percent...In fact, when you subtract

the number above from $1,131,110.00, you get a weird number $11,110.00 (or 11-11)...

 I f you notice, their number is also weird 1131110 ...notice the digits are weirdly symmetrical...

This kind of weird symmetricality in numbers was documented ina recent episode of "Numbers" tv show.

What it means is that someone in particular likes those numbers, & is cooking the books...

 When you get strange repeating numbers it is because the thief favours certain digits & patterns,

real numbers do not form patterns like this ...The scrambling of the 10 percent skim by adding 11-110

is troubling...Digits close to your desired skim 10 % are altered by a fixed code number in order to throw

off investigators...In this case, 11110 was added to the 20 percent given to the city in order to hide that

obvious mistake that 10 percent was missing...troubling because 11-110 relates to 9-11, meaning, the

thief is related to terrorist cell groups...or perhaps 11-110 refers to November 11, Remembrance Day

in Canada, which might imply the thief feels justified in stealing because they feel the country owes them

something because they are government workers, or some rationale ...Half a million dollars is hard to

hide, so I am guessing they are taking a barter from the developer in the order of one free half a mill.

condo unit in every new building in the city, with 20% going to C.B. & the other 10 % being skimmed

into free luxury condos for civil servants with Taliban terrorist sympathies- I'm going to go with my first

instinct on the 11-110 number, cause your gut is usually right...

 Problem is half a million is missing on every new development in the city, which is why as buildings are

going up, we are not seeing the green parks, trees, daycares, urban forests, low income housing that we

should be getting as C.B. Community benefits, as described in Section 37 of the planning act...

I'm guessing oren Tamir the city planner is going to half a half a mill. condo in a relative's name pretty

soon...

Tipster Entered: 10/10/2009 6:01:00 AM

Hello,

 Couldn't sleep, so I looked up geneology of the City Planner Oren Tamir to see if there is a Taliban connection.
 Mother's maiden name is Nefoussi, which is Egypt.
 Looked up relatives in maiden name, found nefoussi, jacob, at 1732 Ocean Pkwy , Brooklyn, NY, 11223-2011 ph 718 375 4679.
 Saw his business was had tags religious stuff...Searched neighbourhood on Google maps for possible links. fishy stuff.
 Turns out this Egyptian guy is living in a very very religious Jewish neighbourhood...Looked under search term "religious" for things nearby...First weird link a block away from where nefoussi lives is " Thayba Islamic Centre"...weird? Even weirder is the web address given is www.jewishhumanities.com ...So, I go to the islamic centre listing, ona site with a jewish address, & guess what, they are asking you to doante your Cars, & other vehicles...(pretending to be kosher or something, but this is obviously a money grubbing scam...)
 So, I'm pretty sure this Thayba islamic centre in Brooklyn is a terrorist cell group locale in Brooklyn, & our guy, Oren Tamir is this guy Jacob nefoussi's cousin or something, & Oren Tamir the City Planner skimming half a million of this & probably other developments in Toronto & elsehwere is a terrorist cell sympathiser, maybe dormant for 20 years, but now active...

p.s. The Pakistan arm of the taliban has a little cell group in unit 703 of our building at 15 McMurrich, they all moved in & are supposedly attending Uof T in economics department...I'll bet...How to steal half a million...

Thought you all should know, don't know where else to report this...Thanks for being there for me...Too scared maybe to go to Cyt hall on Tuesday to speak out if the City Planner is Taliban...The meeting is at 9:30 am, or 10:00 am really it actually starts, October 13, 2nd floor, UFO building City Hall, not the other one, Room number 1...meeting about proposed development at 32 davenport road & 12-22 mcMurrich street.

These guys are evil...Like on television evil...You should contact CSIS...this is bad. Thanks,

 Here is how they get you to sell your property...Someone sues you in the neighbourhood, one of your new neighbours, some ridiculous lawsuit for millions of dollars, they could never win...You win the case 'cause it was ridiculous...3 months later, you get a form letter froma real estate agent saying they could tell you how much your property is worth, if you are curious...You take the bait & let the real estate guy, Boris Kholodov of Daniels or something or other (notice the name Boris- a favorite among scammers), get you an estimate, you know, just cause you're curious...3 months later, Boris comes back with an offer...Cold...He found a guy who wants to buy your property...But you only asked for an estimate? Well, it just so happened, Boris found you a buyer...So, you ask, what's the offer? 3 months later, you sold the property because you are so annoyed with your bloody neighbours for suing you for something that didn't happen, & you really hate your new neighbours, & their new townhouse buildings, & it serves them right, you are selling...Ha! What you didn't see is that the new neighbour, Boris, the buyer, were all working together to harass you into selling your property...If you knew they were together that would constitute criminal harassment, stalking to find out your patterns, your weaknesses, & an element of fear for your life if even in your subconscious you knew this was organised crime trying to take over Toronto...a cell group. Say the Pakistan arm of the Taliban...
  So you sell...they demolish your property.build a high rise condo building. skim half a million for themselves from city due monies. screw the neighbours who were honest. & fuck up your country with their creepy Taliban cult religiosity. Now...you know...what are you going to do to defend Canada? from this? what?

below is the skin math:

[...]

Dear Dalton McGuinty, Mr. Premier,

  Councillor Kyle rae, City Planner Oren Tamir & Mayor David Miller, have signed off on a final report for a proposed development at 32 Davenport & 12-22 McMurrich in Toronto. Meeting on Tuesday morn. Oct.13, 2009.
  The increased property value with zoning density bylaw amendments is $5.6 million dollars. Community benefits they have reported are 20percent of that...
  All fine & Dandy, but Community benefits are supposed to be 30 percent of increased property value...
  Which means the City Councillor, the Mayor & the Planners are skimming off 10 percent of the Community benefit for themselves...
  The proposed project is short $560,000.00 in deserved Community benefits...(they skewed the numbers to make it look not so obvious with a reported $1,131,110.00 being paid to Community benefits- a made up number if I have ever seen cooking of the books, sir...)(It makes the shortfall exactly $548,890.00 according to their cooked up number, but really, it's a ten (10) percent skim...
  To boot, that 560 Grand should be going to the low income tenant they are evicting & demolishing her home after a 30 year stay...They are also demolishing a daycare...They are also demolishing The Moriyama & Teshima (should have been designated heritage building but they somehow stymied the nomination) architectural studio...They are demolishing 16 trees, not putting in parkland, not putting in the 48 required trees, trying to put a Tall building, shadowing the street while saying it is fine...But worse, they are skimming 10 percent of Community benefits off of the Community, especially when they could give it at least to the one tenant who doesn't want to move, who cannot move, who they have been harassing non-stop for 3 years...Her name is Dora...
  Please intervene with forensic accountants & internal affairs investigators, corruption at City level needs to be nipped in the bud...
   $560,000.00 is missing...Section 37 of the Planning Act spells out the numbers...They can't just take 10 percent away from the person who they are throwing out, not give her a dime, & pocket the money themselves...Not on Thanksgiving...

  Please poke your nose into this one...I have recorded all activity on my website at www dot grovecanada dot biz (the dots are periods) on the page titled Newspaper ...I have also reported criminal activity to CrimeStoppers online...Now I am reporting to you, the Premier of Ontario...

Thank you sir, & Happy Thanksgiving...

Mrs. Sari Grove

p.s. I am writing this late because they only dropped this final report at the front desk late this evening, so I had to read it, then respond, after calculating the numbers...They are skimming 10 percent off the section 37 30 percent...Giving only 20 to Community & pocketing 10...that is illegal...Sari

backgroundfile-23834.pdf HERE IS THE FINAL REPORT FILE YOU NEED TO READ BEFORE SHOWING UP TO CITY HALL ON TUESDAY OCTOBER 13, 2ND FLOOR, ROOM 1...

  So... the other night it was raining, & lo & behold, sparks were flying from some weird possibly shorted out electrical wire possibly bouncing off one of the balustrades or balconies of the garden side which our building shares with the subsidized apartments next door...Workers from a company called Atco, nice Italian construction workers, either screwed up on purpose to set fire to the place, screwed up on purpose to scare the shit out of our neighbours, targeted our neighbours because they were seen talking to us as we are in the process of writing this report, or just screwed up 'cause they are idiots...Anyways, our neighbour, across our garden , (called a podium, God knows why), she phoned her downstairs neighbour to tell him, who phoned the security company for the building, who phoned the fire department, who arrived, & by the time the fire department arrived, the electric light show had ended, with no clues...Personally I think someone turned off a breaker, or pulled out a fuse, seeing as the fire department was on its way...How perfectly convenient for the evidence to disappear when authorities arrive...Just enough to scare all the disabled & old & poor tenants in the subsidized building beside us...Can you spell terrorism folks??? That would be terrorism...Scare people then go away & hide...

Shortfall of community benefits????

From:
    "Grove Canada" <grovecanada@fastmail.fm>
To:
    grove@sent.com
Bcc:
    "Rosalind Dyers" <rdyers@toronto.ca>, "Kyle Rae" <councillor_rae@toronto.ca>, "Oren Tamir" <otamir@toronto.ca>, "Christine Ouyed" <christine@mtarch.com>, "Christopher Hume" <chume@thestar.ca>, "David Miller" <mayor_miller@toronto.ca>,
Date:
    Fri, 9 Oct 2009 10:14 PM (2 mins 54 secs ago)
    View as text - Show original
    Show full header

Final report Comments:

32 Davenport, 12-22 mcMurrich.

(October 9, 2009 is deadline, so this should still go through...)

The zoning density request is from 2.0 to 11.9, a difference of a factor of 5.95...

Assuming that 5.95 factor change in density will bring an increased property value of $5,950,000.00 dollars to owners...

Community benefits under Section 37 are around 30 percent of increase in property value...

Thus Community benefits SHOULD be around $1,785,000.00

(Approximate: The FINAL Report accounts for only around $1,131,110.00 , which represents a shortfall of around $653,890.00...ignore this actually...)

Back to the original number, of $1,785,000.00 which is about 30 percent of 5,950,000.00 dollars...

The numbers in the final report are short by 650 thousand to 700 thousand dollars, for Community benefits...

This shortfall needs to be rectified before the community can consider any proposal...

Where is the 650 thousand dollar differential????

Also, there is No mention of relocation of the low income rental tenant still living after 30 years at 22 McMurrich street, her low income rent qualifies her for Community benefits under Section 37 relocating, preserving or rebuilding low income rental units...

There is 650 thousand dollars, at least, missing from this proposal...

A house could be bought for Dora to live in, & continue at her current rental rate(including 3 out 4 utilities paid for by the landlord)...Nothing changes for her life...

Please confidentially ask Dora what her current rental rate is to inform yourselves Confidentially of what she is paying...She is very private about this, & will take legal action if this information is disclosed publicly...Which is why I can only say, she definitely qualifies as a low income rental tenant...Definitely...(please inform yourselves directly...)

Since Dora is a gardener, & contributes so much to the community, she also could be hired by the city as head of the Greening initiatives for GYRA, the Budd Sugarman Park, the Ramsden park, the podium , the parkland, the tree planting, etcetera...

So, not only will she have a house to live in, but she will have a job, & can take care of the land she loves...This will serve as restitution for the abuse she has received from the mean lawyers, & cruel lawsuits & various other harassments...

I am asking for the new owners to do this for Dora the gardener...Do this & God will be happy & bless their project...Ignore the gardener lady & God will curse everyone, the city, the planners, the developers, the neighbours...I beg of you, this lady's father was a veteran, he died in a fire at Sunnybrook hospital in the veterans ward...She has nobody to take care of her but this community...She is green...She is wonderful...I beg for the owners, the city, the people to take care of this lady the way they are supposed to, with an apology, a job heading up green initiatives in the city, & a home...Please...for Thanksgiving...please...

I am only her neighbour, Sari Grove
416 924-9725

RE: Comment: Toronto

From:
    "Grove Canada" <grove@sent.com>
To:
    "Halchuk, Stephen" <Stephen.Halchuk@NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca>
Date:
    Fri, 9 Oct 2009 1:37 PM (< 1 min ago)
    View as text - Show original
    Show full header

Thank you...

  I guess I am more referring to microseismicity, caused by excessive construction in Toronto...

  Not an earthquake, but still dangerous in the longer term, as it causes cracks in concrete structures, roads, high rises...Also, health problems, such as headaches , migraines...pedestrian, bicycle collisions, car accidents...etcetera...

  I think the deep deep digging for all of these high rise buildings, near to the subway line, near to the Cn Tower, near to the Lake, can cause vibrations that resonate to those deeper levels, & can cause rebound earth effect reactions...

  Like someone playing poundingly loud music down the street from where you live...No you won't go deaf, but the vibrations, if continuous may cause your windows to vibrate , eventually leading to structural wear & maybe cracks...Ok, not an accurate metaphor, but I don't think you have to Literally dig down 5 km in order to be causing vibrations at that level, which may be causing a rebound effect...

  I am certain this is happening as we speak in Toronto...Perhaps someone should take a visit from Ottawa? A visual of what kind of construction is going on is worth a thousand words...

  So would be a written article about microseismicity as affected by construction in already high density cities...

  There are already direct correlations between very tall building construction & seismic activity...

  Just more sensitive readings need to be taken on mid size or lower developments...

  Again, I am sure this is what is happening here in Toronto...I am not only asking, I am telling...(as a professional artist, I do alot of sitting around outside in stillness to paint- the ground moving is pretty obvious to me- & I know the difference between under earth shaking & temporary movement from in the moment digging...)

  But thank you for writing, it's nice to know you all are hard at work over there, Happy Thanskgiving, sorry you didn't have more for me on what I needed for the meeting Tuesday...Sari Grove

www.grovecanada.biz

TSL-12596                                                                                                 06/04/2009

        – s. 50 – notice – demolition, conversion or repairs – s. 73 – demolition, conversion or repairs – s. 83 – power of Board, eviction -  Ontario Human Rights Code – s. 17 – disability, accommodation

The Landlord intended to convert the rental unit to a non-residential use.  The residential complex was a house in the High Park area of Toronto and part of a parcel of land the Landlord had assembled for redevelopment on which 12 vacant homes plus the subject property are situated.  At the time of the Landlord’s application to the Board, the issue of a demolition permit from the City of Toronto was the subject of not yet concluded proceedings at the Ontario Municipal Board (the “OMB”).  Pending a determination by the OMB of the demolition issue, the Landlord wanted to convert the Tenant’s home to a non-residential use, namely vacant property.

The Member found that the principal issues in the application were:

           1.
              whether the Landlord’s plan to render the residential complex vacant is permitted under the RTA;

           2.
              whether the Landlord had made reasonable efforts to accommodate the Tenant’s disability; and

           3.
              whether the eviction should be delayed or denied.

The Member found that the RTA does not require that a residential complex be decrepit in order to justify converting it to a vacant closed property.  The Member also found that, while a landlord may make a business decision to convert a property to non-use, the circumstances of the conversion are relevant in a determination by the Board of its discretion to delay or deny an eviction.

The Member applied section 73 of the RTA that outlines two preconditions for making an order for termination under section 50 of the RTA, namely, that the Landlord must in good faith intend to convert to a use other than residential premises and that the Landlord must obtain all necessary permits or authority required to carry out the activity on which the notice of termination is based.  The Member found that demolition and conversion are separate options available to the Landlord, and, while demolition requires a permit, conversion to a non-residential use does not.

The Tenant suffered from Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, a disability as defined in the Ontario Human Rights Code.  The Landlord acknowledged that pursuant to the Code, it had a duty to accommodate the Tenant’s disability, but noted that “accommodation is a two-way street and the Tenant had not fully participated in the Landlord’s efforts to find her suitable alternative living accommodation”.  The Member found that a useful starting point in determining whether the Landlord had made reasonable efforts to accommodate the Tenant is the nature of the Tenant’s disability.  In this case, the Tenant had great sensitivity to chemicals found in building materials.  The Landlord had previously been ordered by the City of Toronto to effect repairs to the walls and roof of the residential complex and in making those repairs in a manner that would accommodate the Tenant’s sensitivities to chemicals, the Landlord became familiar with the parameters for accommodating the Tenant.   In order to accommodate the Tenant, the Landlord was prepared to spend up to $200,000 (including remediation cost) to buy a house somewhere in Ontario (the Tenant wanted a small house “off the beaten track”), adapt the house to suit the Tenant, and, rent that house to her.

The Member found that the steps taken by the Landlord to accommodate the Tenant’s disability constituted reasonable accommodation and that, given the difficulty in finding a suitable home, more time was required to permit the Landlord to find alternate living accommodation for the Tenant.  The Member found that delaying the eviction would serve the Tenant’s needs better than denying the eviction, since the residential complex is on an arterial road, required extensive renovations and the Tenant could neither stay in the complex while it was being renovated nor could she afford the rent for the entire (two-storey) complex. The Member delayed the eviction for one year to permit the Landlord to find her alternate accommodation.
full-text (eng)

      Dear Premier Dalton McGuinty,

 October 13, 10:00 Am at City hall there is a meeting to discuss a proposed high rise condo development...But there is a low income rental tenant still living on the property at 22 McMurrich st., & has been for over 30 years...
  Community Benefits under Section 37 of the Planning Act are supposed to be negotiated by the City Councillor Kyle Rae Ward 28, & the City Planner, Oren Tamir...
  Relocation of low income renters is a priority in Community benefits negotiations...
  No such negotiations have happened, though zoning variances have already been given for the on story condo sales centre to be placed ona Residential zone, & for it to be built to edge of property line instead of bylaw requirement of 7 metres from line...
  The tenant stands to be thrown out without any concern or regard for the law...
  It appears that the Councillor & City Planner are approving all zoning amendments without asking for Community Benefits, which can be 30 percent of increased land value with changes...
  That 30 percent could go to helping the one tenant to relocate instead of ending up homeless on the street with her 5 cats & pushing a shopping cart...
  Please intervene...The situation is unfair, illegal, & cruel...

  Thank you,

Rosalind Dyers is the City Clerk who is handling written comments...You may submit in writing your opinion before the meeting on Tuesday...happy Thanksgiving, let's make it real for those less fortunate!

Sari Grove
As Background to trying to resolve objections...

From:
    "Grove Canada" <grovecanada@fastmail.fm>
To:
    grove@sent.com
Bcc:
    "Rosalind Dyers" <rdyers@toronto.ca>, "Oren Tamir" <otamir@toronto.ca>, "David Miller" <mayor_miller@toronto.ca>, "Kyle Rae" <councillor_rae@toronto.ca>,
Date:
    Fri, 9 Oct 2009 10:07 AM (< 1 min ago)
    Show full header

Hello,

  There is some background that is relevant to trying to resolve
  objections to said proposed developemnt, Davenport, McMurrich.

  This summer, I, had a conversation with the business manager at
  Moriyama & Teshima, who, had written into the contract of sale, that
  They, not the new owners, would Handle the tenat situation, unlike
  regular contract law, where the new owners became the new
  landlord...This, in itself, is a mistake of the law again, & has
  caused much confusion...Why? Because you cannot negotiate or ask for
  community benefits to relocate from your previous landlord, you can
  only negotiate with the new owner...However...

  This summer, after learning that a fund had been set aside for legal
  fees to cause the tenat to move out after the sale of the property,
  which again, I may comment, was another mistake of the law, insofar,
  as properties generally should Not be sold witha tenant still
  residing...It is highly irregular for the sale of a property to go
  through with a tenant still living on property...Big law mistake!

 Anyways, sigh...I found out, that though two thirds of the legal fund
 set aside by the Moriyama Teshima group, in the past 3 years, had been
 spent already on lawyers, I found out that one third remained...So I
 suggested, that instead of spending that money on lawyers, why not just
 give the chunk to the tenant?

  Two days later, the business manager told me that she had spoken to
  her lawyers, & that they informed her "that it could be constituted as
  harassment" to offer $25,000.00 to the tenant at 22 McMurrich street,
  with agreement that she move out...Harassment????

  After that bad piece of legal advice was givne, & apparently the
  business manager decided to take that advice, it was impossible to
  talk further...Obviously the Moriyama Teshima group had lawyers who
  were acting in "bad faith", because they could have settled their
  issues easily, but instead chose to take the money themselves...

  I am pointing my legal fingers at the Moriyama Teshima lawyers who
  refused to take the correct route in helping the tenant to
  relocate...I am also pointing my legal finger at the business manager
  who has been "handling" Dora, for being either too stupid to give the
  entire fund at the beginning of this fiasco 3 years ago ($75,000.00),
  or too greedy- seeing as she was hired just after the property was
  sold, & her entire job was probably dependent on prolonging this
  "fight"...

  "Bad Faith" on the part of the lawyers for not buying out the
  tenant...bad law in that the previous landlord really has no legal
  jurisdiction to negotiate with previous tenant, nor the ability to
  trade community benefits for zoning variances...& greed all around, to
  kick out a low income rental tenant, to build a high priced condo
  building high rise & not offer a dime to that tenant...

Thought you all should know, the tenant has been the main objection for
us all in the neighbourhood...The main objection to the new
development...Had they, & if they settle with the tenant correctly, many
objections will fall away...

The neighbour, Sari Grove

mistakes of the law...

From:
    "Grove Canada" <grovecanada@fastmail.fm>
To:
    "Rosalind Dyers" <rdyers@toronto.ca>, "Oren Tamir" <otamir@toronto.ca>, "Kyle Rae" <councillor_rae@toronto.ca>, "David Miller" <mayor_miller@toronto.ca>
Date:
    Fri, 9 Oct 2009 4:31 AM (< 1 min ago)
    Show full header

Regarding 32 Davenport road, 12-22 McMurrich st. meeting October 13,
10:00 am...

 Mistakes of the law:

1)Approval was given for a commercial condo sales centre, before
approval has been given for the proposed development...This is not
customary...Approvals are given for developments prior to any permits
for structures to sell units in said developemnt...Someone put the cart
before the horse...There is no need to build a sales centre to sell
units if a property proposal doesn't get approved...This is jumping the
gun, & was used as a tactic to dismat heritage preservation services
from designating any part of the property heritage, because "the project
was too far along" in permits & such- in fact, the only permits that
have been given were for those more easily obtained, which a one-story
sales centre is easier to obtain permits for...Which, on paper, makes it
look like permits are far along in the process, but really, it's like
buying make-up before the guy asks you out on a date, wishful
thinking...It's also a mistake of the law...

2)because this cart before the horse thing happened, approving a one
story commercial condo unit sales centre, Zoning variances were
discussed & given...Again, the fact that this happened Before the
proposed high rise development was approved is a mistake of the law,
however, since zoning variances were granted, it comes to two more
mistakes of the law...

a)for the zoning variance of building a Commercial sales centre on a
Residential apartment neighbourhood designation and,
b) for the zoning variance of building this thing to the edge of the
property, instead of the requisite 7 metres gap around the edge of the
building,
WHY WERE COMMUNITY BENEFITS NOT RECEIVED??? Why were community benefits
under Section 37 of the planning Act not received in exchange for these
variances? In particular, since there is a very low-income rental tenant
who has resided at 22 McMurrich street for 30 years now, why wasn't
relocation offered to that person as a Community benefit? Please check
with the Moriyama & Teshima people as to how much this very low income
rental tenant has been paying in rent...It is very very low & it
includes 3 out of 4 utilities too...That is all that I can say...But,
since you are making a decision, you should have the right to know this
& act accordingly, since Canadian law protects low income rental tenants
explicitly...

  In New York, the law states that a minimum of $60,000.00 U.S.
  currency, be given to tenants in low income rental situations in order
  to relocate...

This translates to about $75,000.00 Canadian currency here...Which is a
starting figure for a community benefit to help this tenat to
relocate...

  Since most of the objections to said proposed development stem from
  the fact that everyone knows this tenant, & feels she is being wronged
  to have to leave her home, giving her a relocation help as a Community
  benefit under Section 37 of the Planning Act, is in the best interest
  of the new landlord & the tenant & the City...

 Not giving Community benefit of relocation help to the tenant in
 question , (Dora), will only cause further rift against the city,
 against the developers & against proposed project...

 I suggest if the new landlord wants goodwill for his proposed
 development, this is the only way to get it...

  If Dora is thrown out on the street without so much as a handshake,
  the bad karma alone could devastate this Lifetime urban development
  group, Halcyon investments from Boston, Four Seasons management
  company, Menkes construction & Prince Alwaleed of Saudi Arabia- though
  I'm not sure that this group cares about karma, for lack of a better
  word, I'm sure the City does...Councillor Kyle Rae too, has made it a
  point to try to please Ward 28, by listening to those in his Ward &
  going with That flow...I'm guessing the Councillor won't benefit from
  us in Rosedale watching a single woman on low income wages, be thrown
  out of her home of 30 years, by a sheriff, with her 5 cats...

  In New York, buying -out the tenant is the norm...Why on earth the 5
  principals, with all of their accrued knowledge, didn't do this in the
  first place, 3 years ago when they started with lawyers, is, well,
  beyond me...Instead, 75,000.00 later, the lawyers are fat, & Dora is
  thinner...Not too swift here...

  So...In conclusion, I ask that the City Planner, Oren Tamir &
  Councillor Kyle Rae, ask for & Get, Community benefits in the order of
  relocation help, for the low income renter named Dora at 22 mcMurrich
  st., in exchange for zoning variances already given by the city...& I
  suggest blocking any new permits or approvals or variances UNTIL SUCH
  RELOCATION MONIES ARE GIVEN...(with the implication given to
  developers that any new requests will be held up for the same reason,
  to give it force...

Sincerely,

Sari Grove
416 924-9725

p.s. Seismic activity has been correlated to very high rise buildings
being dug, & to oil wells, drilling & other mew instances of deep
digging...Lake Ontario is a hotbed for microseismic activity...A rare,
large, earthquake has been predicted for Toronto by seismologists, as,
for many cities...Increasing zoning densities in proximity to subway
line, Cn Tower & the Lake, is a recipe for encouraging minor earth
events which are not big enough to register as earthquakes on the
Richter scale, but cause enough shift to disturb traffic, give residents
migraines, & wreak havoc on construction sites...This is my expert
opinion as a professional artist, University educated at McGill, Sarah
Lawrence, York, Ryerson, Humber, U. of T., & Harvard...Member of
C.A.R.F.A.C & active in the business professionally for over 16
years...Explanation: artists tend to sit outside & paint, needing
stillness to work: observing ground tremoring or shifts, or seismic
events is something that an artist may notice before any others in other
professions...Even a seismologist relies on machines for observation,
while an artist uses his or her senses & is present, in nature, in the
moment , when those earth shifts happen...warning: I have observed &
reported to Natural Resources Canada, earthquake centre, increased
observed micro-seismic acticity in Toronto, due to heavy construction,
increased zoning density, construction sites too close to each other, &
digging deep near subway lines...

  Building a development right beside The Florian is just bad
  planning...That means 3 high rises on the same tiny block bordered by
  McMurrich, McAlpine & Davenport...I also think this heavy digging, in
  proximity to so many other sites being built now, is a good
  prognosticator for an earhtquake...At the very least, tiny shifts in
  the ground that I have observed while painting outside in the area
  will be enough to cause cracks in concrete building structures, as
  well as structural damage cracks in other types of building
  materials...

 I recommend as a professional artist, from my observation of Rosedale
 in the past decade, that ALL zoning density amendments be BLOCKED, & a
 study of microseismicity as it is affected by zoning density, digging
 deep for high rises, & digging too close together, - that a study be
 made immediately of that definitive correlation...

 Yes, an earthquake needs to be stimulated by deeper digging, such as 5
 km down...BUT, micro-seismicity caused by overburdening the Toronto
 crust can cause serious damage to buildings, car, bicycle accidents,
 general health malaise & headaches, & other health & well-being issues
 that can interfere with reasonable enjoyment of the city, & can lead to
 tourism declines & economic losses...

 Again, in my expert opinion, zoning density amendments, such as the one
 proposed here, (& any others currently up for grabs now) should be
 declined, based on the need for a study of microseimicity as related to
 construction ...

Thank you for your time, Sari (p.p.s. it would be another mistake of the
law to allow any more zoning density amendments without a
microseismicity study of the city as it stands now...)(be forewarned-
microseismicity can be more dangerous to a city than an earthquake...)

 10 years ago, I was in Stone Church across the street, during an
 earthquake...May 23, was it 2000? So...There have already been
 earthquakes in this neighbourhood...This is precedent...I am feeling
 the ground shifting in the same way that it did 10 years ago- in the
 past 3 weeks...coincidentally...No, it is not just from temporary
 construction-but I think it may have Caused the earth to
 quake...Seriously...I am not making this up...Construction here is
 Causing earth tremors...I spoke to Natural resources today about it,
 this is no joke...(I was in an earthquake in Montreal, & an avalanche
 in Colorado-so I know what I am talking about- as I said before,
 professional artists have to be keen observers, ear to the ground...)

http://www.ltb.gov.on.ca/en/Law/272884.html Precedent decisions...276599.pdf Here is a neat decision for precedent for tenant...

http://www.ontariotenants.ca/law/law.phtml tenant being abused phone numbers...

http://nymag.com/nymetro/realestate/features/755/index4.html Tenant Buyout

RE: Comment: Toronto

From:
    "Halchuk, Stephen" <Stephen.Halchuk@NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca> [Add]
To:
    grove@sent.com, "NRCan Questions / Questions RNCan" <questions@nrcan.gc.ca>, info@seismo.nrcan.gc.ca [Add]
Date:
    Thu, 8 Oct 2009 2:54 PM (56 mins 12 secs ago)
    View as text - Show original
    Show full header

Greetings Sari Grove,

There is no evidence to suggest that earthquakes are increasing in the Toronto region. Looking at earthquakes within 50 km of Toronto over the past 10 years:

Year  Number of recorded earthquakes within 50 km of Toronto
1999 5
2000 3
2001 4
2002 2
2003 2
2004 2
2005 5
2006 5
2007 4
2008 4
2009 3 (note we are only 3/4 of the way through the year but the number is in line with previous years)

The number of earthquakes per year in this area is very, very small (regions in Canada with high hazard will have 100-200 earthquakes recorded per year in a 50 km radius). The fluctuation between 2 and 5 earthquakes per year is not significant.

None of the earthquakes in this 10 year period was larger than a magnitude 3 (which is just large enough to be felt over a 50 km distance and would cause no damage) and of the 39 very small events since 1999, only 4 were reported as felt by the public.

Building foundations are typically dug only a few 10s of metres deep into the earth. This very shallow depth of excavation would have very little, if any effect on the seismicity. Earthquakes in the eastern Lake Ontario region are at much greater depths in the crust (around 5 km) and the disturbance from the construction at the surface would not be enough to cause an increase in earthquakes. The shaking you are feeling is not related to earthquakes. It is more likely due to the construction in your immediate area.

Note that crust in the Lake Ontario region is around 35 km deep. This is very similar to the crustal thicknesses throughout much of eastern Canada.

This hopefully addresses your concerns (we also received a telephone call from you via our general enquiries line, this answer should cover that as well). If you have further questions, feel free to contact us.

regards,

Stephen Halchuk, Seismologist/Séismologue
Geological Survey of Canada | Commission géologique du Canada
Natural Resources Canada | Ressources naturelles Canada
7 Observatory Crescent
Ottawa ON Canada K1A 0Y3
Telephone | Téléphone 613-943-2015 / Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-992-8836
shalchuk@nrcan.gc.ca
http://EarthquakesCanada.nrcan.gc.ca